안녕하세요! How are you all on this fine day? I am doing fan-darning-tastic! (Darn is the strongest euphemism I can use, but if I could have put a good old flip in there that would have sounded better) ANYWAY, this week has been mighty swell. I got to teach two lessons. Or my companion got to teach two lessons while I watched. Well I helped a bit in the English lesson, and I learned a lot. We taught a guy named Dipen (in English), and a guy named Rooney (in Korean).
| President and Sister Sargent! |
We talked about temples with Dipen. His main question was "Why can't we say the same prayers that members of your church use in other religion's temples?" We told him about sealing power and how the temple is set apart and is a sacred place and lots of good scriptures were read, but I don't think we made a ton of progress with him. We are meeting with him again next week. Oh, I almost forgot, I suggested we pray to know the truth in the middle of the meeting, and then I suggested we have a minute of silence to let the spirit work on us, but no one wanted to speak first, so it turned into 25 minutes of silence. That was really neat.
Dipen has a strong desire to know the truth, but he is wary of choosing one church. He doesn't know how we can claim to have the true church when so many other churches claim the same thing. Elder Titensor, (my new companion) said he has taught all of the lessons at least once to Dipen, which would include the Restoration. So I think if Dipen continues to desire the truth, then he will be baptized eventually. He was a cool guy.
I am not sure exactly what we taught Rooney. (I love that band: Rooney) I know it had to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ and his earthly ministry. I LOVE Rooney (I'm talking about the person now) he had an 애기 (pronounced eggie, which means baby) and a three-year-old daughter and a wife. His apartment was full of family pictures and baby toys and educational posters for his kids. You can tell he got interested in the church because he wants the best for his family. What a nice guy. He was constantly holding his baby and smiling at him. I think he will join the church for sure. He is in a place to feel the promptings of the spirit.
| Elder Sean Titensor and Elder Truman Renfroe |
My new companion is elder Titensor. He is super cool and obedient to the rules. We both like lo-fi hip-hop, and punk rock, and anime, and the author Brandon Sanderson. He just got done being trained, and now he's training me, so he is a top-notch Elder. He's pretty good at Korean. I'm going to learn a lot from him. He is an upstanding young man!
I met the Sargents in person. President Sargent is so super fun and nice, but definitely more intimidating in person. Sister Sargent is super nice and loving and fun as well. I love them, they are good presidents (or President and First Lady? First Sister? IDK.)
| Dickey and Renfroe, eating at the Sargents' house |
| Binks and Prock, at the Sargents |
| President Sargent showing us cool stuff |
| Some friends of the Sargents sent them these Mandarin oranges from their own tree |
My new favorite food is 떡 (dohk). It's delicious rice that has been processed into a kind of hard, cheesy texture. I had it deep-fried. It was so good!
Well I think that's all fellas. I love you guys!
PICTURES!
The pictures of the city are pictures of the city.
The sleeping fellow is Elder Titensor. He fell asleep while studying...
The two food-looking triangles are rice balls. One was tuna the other was mysterious. They are also the same food as in some Asian video games, and they are used as health potions (e.g. Spectrobes, Naruto, Pokémon Go). Yeah, I'm that cultured on Asian culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Annyeonghaseyo!