Sunday, February 13, 2022

안녕하세요 fools [week 20]

Well hello! before we get started, I would like to apologize. This is not a BCC email, which means there will be a "reply all" option.  Oops. You can click it if you want . . . but please don't. It was an accident, But it is a happy accident BECAUSE when putting in your contacts, (which takes a while on a phone that doesn't allow google contacts) I miss some of you because I added you to my list after I left, and that means you're in an inferior contact manager. 

If you really love receiving my emails, and you didn't get one last week or the week before, then send a reply message to me, and you will automatically be put into the more convenient contact pool on my phone. If you don't like receiving my emails regardless of all the info above you can send a reply asking me to please stop. This probably won't happen because who reads emails they don't want to read? When I got annoying missionary emails I just deleted them or didn't check my email for months at a time. That's all of the announcements we have prepared for this meeting. I now turn the time over to the fun Truman Renfroe.

*     *     *     *     *

OK! enough of the shenanigans with all the boring email nitty-gritty. It's time to hear about cool spiritual experiences and crazy Korean cultural stuffs! So the other day, my companion and I did some 길 전도 (street proselyting) and we played basketball with some 11-year-old boys. This last Saturday was the second time playing basketball with them, both occasions were chance meetings, so it was probably divine intervention and they will most likely be members within the next week or so (but not actually).

Then we talked for 20 minutes to a Korean man who said he respects us and the work we do. He came to us just to say how much he respects us, which was super nice. Then when we asked where he lives, what his number is or even his name, he was just like, "No, no, nononono, I no want your religion." Weird, but it's cool we have his respect. 

Later on, this jolly good 길 전도, (not sure if I'm spelling that correctly, but neither are you! I love being linguistically superior) we met a super cool Baptist pastor. He spoke perfect English, and was super nice. He handed us a pamphlet, and when we tried to make it a trade, he said (in English) I already have one of those. So we chit-chatted about his church building whereabouts and what our favorite Korean and American foods are. He spoke fluently, but whenever we asked a question like "do you like Korean pizza as much as American?" he would say in a super high, relaxed, raspy, drawn out way: "NOOOOooo." It was super fun to talk to him. He respects missionaries as well. He had missionaries over to his house once to give his American buddy someone to talk to. I like him! 

After meeting these cool fellows Elder Titensor and I walked on home, and on the way we passed by a restaurant that the Russians of Nonsan (there are more Russians in Nonsan than most other foreigners) like to hang out around. We have talked to them before, and this time we met a new Russian guy who speaks Russian and English. The other Russians we have met only speak Russian and Korean, which makes sense. Anyways this cool English-speaking Russian was named Vladimir and he was either slightly drunk, or just very extroverted. We talked about how all people can be friends and about political matters a little bit. Or he waxed political and I listened because I don't get the news out here on the mission. All the Russian guys we have met are SUPER handsome. That's not something I say, because I'm a dude, but these guys were a threat to my chances of getting any young lady to take a look at the Book of Mormon. I like them! But I'm not going to be going on a double-date with them any time soon. 

A funny and cool spiritual experience I had was this: I was teaching and preaching this person on hello talk (a language exchange social media) and I start seeing some red flags. Like "hmmm this person compliments me more than is normal" (and it's already normal to compliment me A LOT because I'm just so amazing.) And this person's English varied in fluency depending on the day. So I asked my companion and he was like, "Yeah this dude is not interested in the church, its a scammer." I was so saddened, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to give up on this "seemingly eager" investigator. So I went to the Gospel library to be uplifted, and the first article I saw was titled "How to Recognize Satan's Counterfeits." I read it and came to the conclusion that I was being scammed by a stinky counterfeit Satan-follower. That was a cool revelation huh? I thought that was pretty cool. 

PICTURES!

There are two pictures of the Larsens. They are awesome, they came and taught me and Elder Titenser how to cook some delicious 움식. It had dok and onions and it was yummy.


There is a picture of a Styrofoam squishy thingy on the side of someone's car. In Korea just about all the cars have door-ding-preventing squishies on the side of their cars. 

There is a picture of my phone hooked up to a keyboard and usb -> usbc converter which I got for ₩8000 (about $6). Sweet right?!?

Okay, I love you guys. Stay in school, don't do drugs, read the Book of Mormon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annyeonghaseyo!