Monday, March 14, 2022

Zone Conference Happened [week 24]

Well salutations my besties~

Welcome back to another email from the greatest missionary (whose name is Elder Truman Renfroe) that ever sent an email. 

This week has been dandy, marvelous, peachy, keen, swagalicious, and just a big heaping pile of swell, glorious, goodness. 

I went to a 삼겹살 (sam gyeop sar = meat buffet) with a recent convert and he was just the nicest guy I have ever met.  I feel like Bear Grills in Man VS. Wild, when he says "this has got to be the most dangerous terrain I have ever set foot on!" Every episode. It is possible only if the episodes get progressively more dangerous, and he is not, in fact, a big, stinky liar. 

What I'm trying to say is: I need to stop adding "est" to the end of all those descripty words. 

Anyway we met a super nice guy at a meat buffet. We ate meat and talked about his life. He is the oldest (I guess that "est" is ok) sibling like me, and he works at a Bible factory. What a cool dude. His eyelids sort of drooped in a way that made his pupils be at the border of his upper eyelid which made him look like he was always looking upwards in deep thought, but in actuality he is making direct eye contact with you. It was a neat optical illusion. The way your brain recognizes where people are looking is mega fascinating. 

We also met with Jashua 정. He is super cool. He works for Samsung and is pretty high up in the company. He seems to know what we are teaching is true, but he isn't quite ready to commit. That is actually a bit of a theme in this area. Lots of people seem to like the missionaries and what we are teaching, but baptism and tithing and giving up smoking or coffee is all a big commitment. That's cool they can take their time. We will keep on teaching. 

What else happened??? 

OH! Zone conference happened. That was fun. I met some cool missionaries, such as a super cool guy named Elder Liu. He is third-generation Chinese and is just the coolest guy named elder Liu that I have ever met.  Just a chill, laid-back, but also level-headed fellow. I like him. 

Today is Preparation Day (obvi) and elder Carter and I are eating at a 돈 가스 restaurant. Don Kas is a super delicious pork dish. Imagine chicken fried steak but then use pork and then stuff the pork with cheese. Yum. 

We also went to a sweet book store where I bought a nice pen. All my favorite pens from home ran out of ink. I like to write in my journals a-lot. I wish I just got a black one but it's turquoise. It looked nice in the store but it's a loud color for when I'm trying to concentrate. It's a fountain pen which is kind of cool. Just thought I would try it out. It didn't magically make my handwriting turn into old-style English Declaration of Independence Shakespeare cursive like I was hoping. I guess that only happens with the ₩ 160000 pens ($133).

That was a lot about pens. I like pens. 

Moving on! when we were at the bank doing boring bank things, namely waiting for a clerk to become available, a super sweet lady came up to us and started to teach us about her religion.  I think her churches name is 하나님의 교회 (God's Church). She was so super incredibly nice. She smiled a nice kind smile and her voice was kind of sing-song. We read some scriptures about the Passover with her. We didn't try to convert her, and all she wanted to do was read scriptures, so it was a pleasant experience. We told her we didn't really want to meet her later to be taught about her church because we ourselves are religious missionaries. It was just a cool experience, and I think it's good to have love and respect for other religions. 

Oh SPEAKING OF WHICH! last email or the email before I wrote some kind of sort of INCREDIBLY RUDE STUFF In my photos section. I had pictures of some beautiful Buddhist statues and called them false idols and indirectly said I didn't respect them all that much, and that was something a rude, closed-minded idiot would say. So I apologize. I'm not sure why I said those things. (Well yes I am. I was trying to be funny by being a bully, which isn't nice.) Yeah! Other religions are awesome! And we should have nothing but respect and love and kinship for them. Again I am sorry if I said something offensive.

"We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."

Well that's all from me. Let me know how your doing in the comments below. Like and subscribe. All that good stuff. OK I love you guys bye.

PICTURES 

I wish you guys received the pictures in the same order I sent them so I could accurately number them. But emails are strange like that. That's OK I'll just describe them like I like to do.

The giant disco ball was at the mall with the book store. It looked neat so I clicked a quick snapshot of it. Same with the clock and dome. I also clicked a quick snapshot of those.

I ended up buying the octopus crackers that I mentioned in one of my previous emails because I wanted to see if they would work the way I hypothesized. They did not. But they were really good. Actually they were octopus flavor. Yummy.

There is a cool Mr. Thinker statue robot. I like it. 

There are some cool wooden models you can buy and put together that were displayed at the bookstore. I like those things. 

And there is a selfie if me and my companion. Every time I write selfie it auto corrects to selfish. Huh neat.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Annyeonghaseyo!