Sunday, February 6, 2022

Well hello my faithful followers of the weekly email! [week 19]

How are you all doing on this swell day? I am doing just dandy fine. 

SOOOOO you want to know what is going on over here huh? Okay, I'll tell you. It's going to be quick this week, though. So last Tuesday, Elder Titensor and I visited with a teaching friend whose name is really hard to put into writing, because I have heard like four different names between nicknames and different names for different languages. So we are going to call her lee, or 리. Anyways, we met with her, had some tea (she loves tea) and walked to a cool old-style Korean house on the top of a hill. Then we went and got more tea, and this is where it gets cool! We were just talking about the Book of Mormon as we do, and I had to get translation help form elder Titensor every once in a while, and I saw an opening to invite her to be baptized, so I asked her if she would commit to being baptized in two weeks after reading out of the Book of Mormon and learning it is true, and she said YES! 

Nothing is definite yet, but It still makes me happy. She said she says yes because she wants to be happy all the time like me when I talk about the Book of Mormon and just in general. I was super happy when she said that. 

I love being out here and just doing missionary work. I usually write about fun Korean stuff, but the missionary work is the best part about serving a mission. If you are at the age where you are deciding whether or not you are going to go on a mission . . . then you probably don't check your emails. But just in case you do! I have to tell you that going on a mission will be the best choice you can make at this time of your life. 10/10 would recommend. 

I will deliver some absolute zingers next week in the picture department, but this week there shall be no pictures. :( 

I wonder what cool emojis you can make with 한굴? 
ㅕ)     ㅑ)     뾰 
IDK. Ok I love you guys. Good bye. 


Post-script: my mom's Facebook post on February 7th, 2022:

There are many wonderful things about Elder Truman Renfroe serving a mission . . . one of the things I am so grateful for is the time difference between here and Korea. Truman calls us on Monday morning for him, but it is Sunday evening for us! It is often the only day of the week when we are all home together, and we ALL get to talk to him and see him and hear his enthusiasm for teaching people about Jesus Christ.  Here Mollie is showing Truman the Martha Washington sock puppet she made for her history class.

I loved this paragraph from Truman‘s most recent email:
"I love being out here and just doing missionary work. I usually write about fun Korean stuff, but the missionary work is the best part about serving a mission. If you are at the age where you are deciding whether or not you are going to go on a mission . . . then you probably don't check your emails. But just in case you do! I have to tell you that going on a mission will be the best choice you can make at this time of your life. 10/10 would recommend.”
Every week, we ask Truman what he would like us to pray for with him: this week, he asked us to pray for his teaching friends (people he and his companion are teaching). 

Facebook friends, will you pray for them, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annyeonghaseyo!