Annyeonghaseyo!
It's me, Elder RENFROE! The MTC has been a jolly fun time. I have been playing volleyball almost every morning for my daily exercise. I'm alright because I played every year at family reunions. The Korean districts played the Japanese districts. The Japanese Elders got to the MTC last Wednesday. Almost all of them were reassigned already because Japan is not open to foreigners yet because of COVID-19. Korea is still open and ready to get PREACHED! My district has been looking forward to having a feud with the Japanese missionaries, so when they got to the gym to play volleyball it was really competitive on the Korean side, but the Japanese were just trying and failing fun because we destroyed them three times in a row. There were some cool Japanese elders and sisters, I met this elder named Elder Shisui. I don't know how to spell his name, but he was awesome! He was wearing a Naruto shirt, so you know he's one of the real ones.
| The KSSM MTC district! Elders Del Priore, Livingston, Griswold, Prock, Renfroe, Dickey, Harden, Fallon, and Greene |
Me and my companion went to the temple again today. That was a good experience of course.
My district is doing good at Korean, we just learned about "glue" which is how you can make things past tense or make sentences in middle form of speech. There are three levels of speech in Korean. As missionaries we will mostly be using middle form and a little high form. Low form is for best friends and your spouse, so not for the missionaries.
Elder Harden keeps winning at chess...that makes me mad.
I just found out that the devotional with Elder Holland was moved to like two weeks after we leave instead of being on the last week we are here, so that is a bummer. We get great devotionals every Sunday and Tuesday from good speakers, so it's still a good time.
There is a group of dudes in my building that sing their sweet little hearts out every night. They used to sing while in the showers, but someone told them to stop (because it's weird to sing with dudes in the showers maybe? IDK) So now they sing in the stairwell so the entire building can hear them instead of just one floor, so that's neat.
I got a package from my mom that had a couple things I forgot, some DELICIOUS cookies, and printed memes with nice notes from my family on the back. OH! and my Grandma Patsy sends really nice and beautiful letters to me every week. I'll attach a picture later tonight. They look so cool.
I really love being in my Korean classes. The instructors are all so good at teaching because the Holy Ghost is helping them out. I learn about what being a good missionary is all about in Brother Waggner's class, and my faith in the gift of tongues is always strengthened in Brother Harley's class. Sister Cho is the best at teaching Korean, and Sister Kim can invite the spirit better than any of them (if the district is ready to receive it). Then Brother WoolWine is really smart about Korean, and good at teaching us a lot in not that much time.
I can't wait to get in the mission field and get to know the people, and maybe help them out in life with the gospel of Jesus Christ. That's the goal. I love you guys! Pray for me to receive the gift of tongues.
Elder Renfroe
No comments:
Post a Comment
Annyeonghaseyo!