Saturday, November 6, 2021

Halfway Through Provo MTC! [Week Six]

Hello everybody! How are you all doing on this fine day? I sort of apologize for not sending an email last week. Only sort of because I am still in the MTC, so not too much has happened that is new.  I know however that reading my emails is the highlight of your weeks, so I don't want to disappoint you two weeks in a row.

The language learning is coming along nice and swiftish. Its hard but I'm learning more Korean in one month at the MTC than I learned in eight months of high-school Spanish. Gift of tongues 읍니까? Heh that's "question form" for all of you who don't know how to read Korean. So YEAH! the language learning is great, and the devotionals continue to be the highlight of my week. 

Oh! another great thing I discovered is going to choir practice every Sunday and Tuesday. The choir director is AWESOME! he reminds of George Clooney. I only discovered this recently because the first time I went to choir, there was a substitute and it was not that great. But yeah the  choir director (whose name I forgot so I'll just call him George Clooney) comes in and makes a bunch of first week missionaries who have never been a choir before sound awesome! Then George Clooney tells a cool scripture story throughout the practice. 

We will be singing one minute, then he starts tale telling for a little bit, then he tells us to start on measure 12 or wherever, and he repeats this process until we sound awesome and have heard a cool story. The last story that good old George Clooney told us was the meaning of nearer my God to thee. I would retell it but I don't remember enough details to do so with sufficient pizazz. So, just know that Nearer My God to Thee is about Jacob. 

I love it here and I'm happy to be learning about the gospel and my language and feeling the spirit all the time. 

I love you all! Shout out to my homies from the swimming pool. 

Here are the pictures I promised two weeks ago. My grandma sends these super pretty pictures that she draws herself! Then she writes really nice notes on them. I love my grandma!


I can't wait for the devotional tomorrow. It always brings the spirit and reminds me of the things I want to share, and that's the reason I'm out here.

Read your scriptures and remember Jesus Christ in everything you do.

Love you

른푸로 청놉니다

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annyeonghaseyo!